Monday, May 21, 2012

May 20th, 2012 - Olomoucký Kraj - 1 B třída, skupina A - Vrchoslavice 1 Haná Prostějov 2

May 20th, 2012
Olomoucký Kraj - 1 B třída, skupina A (7th tier)
Vrchoslavice 1 Haná Prostějov 2
Attendance: 80
Admission: 15kc
Beer - Zubr 22kc

Vrchoslavice is a village of 593 people located to the south of Němčíce nad Hanou.  The football pitch is located in the southern part of the village.  Basically, you can find it on the only main road which runs through the village.  I had been to Vrchoslavice two years ago to watch Haná play.  It was during this season that Vrchoslavice were relegated, but they bounced back up last season to take their place in the 7th tier again.  They are doing much better this year, and for awhile were battling for promotion again.

Waiting for the bus in Prostějov to the train station
To get to Vrchoslavice, I left the Prostějov train station for a short 20 minute trip to Nezamyslice.  From there, I hopped on the waiting osobní train headed towards Přerov.  I got off at the first stop after 5 minutes, which was Němčice nad Hanou.  Walking straight south from the train station, I reached Vrcholsavice after about 15 minutes.  There isn't much to see in the village, but there is a pub.

The ground has a stand which probably has seating for 50 people or so, but can hold a little more with others who stand.  Just beside it there is a grill with the usual sausages and mackerel.  Most people seemed to be enjoying the mackerel.  I am not sure how they went about eating it, as mackerel does have quite a few bones.

I arrived early, and there were only a handful of people around, so I decided to find some beer.  Zubr isn't normally my favourite, but it seems better on tap like most beers.  Gradually, more and more people came.  Although, when I say more, I really just mean about 80.  I would suspect the biggest crowds Vrchoslavice get is when they play Němčice, but they are now two tiers apart, so the derby game won't be happening any time soon.

Haná needed to get three points in this match, because it was expected that second place Lipová would win their home match against Radslavice.  It was important for Prostějov to stay four points clear of Lipová with four matches left.  The game started slow and really had no feel to it until Haná won a penalty before half-time.  The resulting goal gave them a 1-0 lead after 45 minutes.  The second half didn't start much better with both sides struggling to get anything going.  It wasn't until Haná scored their second that the game picked up.  From here on in, the game was much more entertaining. This had much to do with the questionable referring.  All of the calls seemed to go against Haná, and it wasn't long before the home side scored to make it 2-1 with about 20 minutes left.  The questionable calls continued, and Haná picked up a few yellow cards for arguing.  Prostějov managed to hang on for what could be a crucial win.  Lipová also won, defeating Radslavice 4-2.

No comments: