Saturday, June 19, 2010

Guide to football in Olomouc - part IV - FK Nové Sady

The purpose of this post, is to promote the football clubs based in the city of Olomouc. I'll try to provide a little historical background on the clubs and where to find the respective stadiums. With regards to the directions to the stadiums, it'll only be for informational purposes. Please double check the locations before going to a game. I'll do my best to be accurate, but mistakes are possible. Over the next little while, I will feature one club.



FK Nové Sady
Olomoucký Kraj 1. A třída skupina B (6th level)
Map to stadium (The best way to get to the stadium is taking a Olomouc city bus, number 14 or 16. From the bus stop it is just a short walk. You can also take a train to the Olomouc-Nové Sady stop, but this isn't really that pratical.)

Nové Sady is a part of Olomouc with a population of around 15,000. The football club was founded in 1922, but unfortunately I don't have a lot of information at hand. If anyone has some historical information, feel free to send me an e-mail - jpott78 (@) centrum.cz. It can be in Czech, as I will just translate it.

A few years back Nové Sady actually played in the 4th division (Divize E), but since then they have fallen on tough times, and look all but certain for relegation to the 7th level after the 2009/10 season.


No comments: