Monday, June 14, 2010

Guide to football in Olomouc - part III - Sokol Chomutov


The purpose of this post, is to promote the football clubs based in the city of Olomouc. I'll try to provide a little historical background on the clubs and where to find the respective stadiums. Withregards to the directions to the stadiums, it'll only be for informational purposes. Please double check the locations before going to a game. I'll do my best to be accurate, but mistakes are possible. Over the next little while, I will feature one club.




Sokol Chomoutov
Olomoucký Kraj - Okresní Přebor (8th level)
Map to stadium (The stadium can be reached by taking Olomouc city bus #20. From there you just need to walk down Horecka street for about 150 meters). The ground will be on the right.)

Chomoutov is a small village of 1,000 people located around 10km north of the Olomouc city centre. The club currently plays in the 8th level, where they have been for the last 5 season. In the 2004/05 season, they were promoted from the 9th level of football. I don't have a lot of information on the club, but I hope to get to the ground sometime in the near future.

No comments: