Friday, May 22, 2009

May 17th, 2009 - Olomoucký Kraj - 1.A Třída Skupina B - Lipová 0 Brodek u Přerova 4







May 17, 2009
Olomoucký Kraj - I. A Třída Skupina B
Lipová 0 Brodek u Přerova 4
Admission: 20kc
Attendance: 100
Beer: 20kc
Game rating: 7.5/10

Getting to Lipová on Sunday was slightly problematic.  I had to take two buses, which is not a big deal, but the buses were on the milk run.  At one point on my way to Protivanov, the bus turned down a road to go to a small village, and then turned back the way we came adding more time to the trip.  When I got off the bus in Protivanov, I asked two old women where the bus to Lipová was, and they said it was the bus I just got off.  Apparently, the same bus was going back to Prostějov by way of Lipová.  So, I had to get on a bus which was heading back in the direction of Prostějov.  After the game there were no buses, and I did not think this would be a problem as I had about 75 minutes to walk 7km.  Unfortunately, it took me a little longer than planned, and I nearly missed the last bus back to Prostějov from Protivanov.  I had to run down the road as I saw the bus driving by me.  Luckily the driver saw me....

For a number of years Lipová played in the MSFL, which is the Czech 3rd division.  This was quite an accomplishment for a village of only 700 people.  It was only a few years ago theat they finished near top of the MSFL, and were pushing for a promotion spot.  Unfortunately, last year they were relegated.  From what I understand Sigma Olomouc funded the club, at least in part, and last year they pulled the funding.  Lipová had to reorganize and they dropped down to the 6th tier of football.  Now, they are struggling with only one win all year, and look all but certain to be playing against Haná Prostějov next year in the 7th tier.

There seemed to be some frustration amongst the fans at the game last weekend.  This could be in part that at this time last year they were watching 3rd division football.   From watching the game, I could not really understand why Lipová were struggling so much this season.  They played good football, but it semed Brodek u Přerova scored on almost every opportunity they had.  All in all, I would definitely say that the ground in Lipová is a beautiful place to watch a football game.  It is perched up on a hill over looking a valley and the village.  By the looks of it, I will be making a return trip to Lipová next year to watch Haná Prostějov play.

No comments: