Monday, July 9, 2012

July 5, 2012 - Basketball friendly - Czech Republic U20 86 Austria U20 56







July 5th, 2012
International Basketball Friendly in Prostějov
Czech Republic U20 86 Austria U20 56
Attendance - 20

I almost never watch club basketball, but when it comes to international basketball, I will always try to watch it.  However, when I got to the stadium it seemed I was the only one who was bothered enough to sit in a stuffy over heated gym.  The local newspaper reported attendance of 420, which I can only assume was a typo, as only 20 people were at the match.  I could hear my flip-flops around the gym as I walked up the steps, it was that quiet.  The second to last picture shows the score as 86-86, but that is only because at the end of the game Austria were given 30 points, and another 5 minutes was played for some reason.

Austria isn't known as a basketball nation, and it showed.  The Czech Republic was just too big and physical for them.

No comments: