Monday, June 18, 2012

June 17th - Okres Prostějov - IV třída - Čechy pod Kosířem P Drahany P






June 17th, 2012
Okres Prostějov - IV třída (10th tier)
Čechy pod Kosířem P Drahany P

Well, I was looking forward to going to a new ground, watching a game, and having a beer or two.  I had a slight worry that they game could be cancelled, but I went ahead anyway.  I took the direct bus to Čechy pod Kosířem from Prostějov, which took about 25 mintues.  From the stop in the centre of the village, it is about a 5 minute walk to the ground.

When I saw the ground, I was relieved to see a ball being kicked around.  Unfortunately, when I got there I could see it was just a kick around with players from Čechy.  Apparently, Drahany did not show up.  I guess I can't really blame them as they have played 15 games this season and have lost all 15.  However, I also want to say, finish out the season, try to get your first win.  Seriously, you play a 16 game season over the span of 10 months, and you don't want to play every game possible? Drahany played at home the previous weekend and went down 9-1.  I guess they had enough.

It was too bad because the ground looked like a good one to watch a game.  Very basic seating, a few benches, and a rather simplistic area for changing rooms etc.  Overall, a disappointing day for me.  I am sure I am one of only two or three people who were bothered that the game wasn't played.

No comments: