Sunday, January 22, 2012

January 21st, 2012 - Friendly - SK Prostějov U19 vs USC Grafenwörth (Austria - 6th tier)





January 21st, 2012
Friendly
SK Prostějov U19 vs USC Grafenwörth (Austria - 6th tier)
Attendance: 30

The first football game of the year! I haven't been able to get to any games outside of the city, so I have to do yet another update about a game in the city. I was quite interested to see this match, as it involved a youth side against a men's team from Austria. I am not quite sure what level they play at, but I think they play in the 6th tier.

Both clubs are warming up for the Spring half of their seasons, and it showed. The level of football was good enough, but there was some rusty play from both teams, which is to be expected.

I had to leave early, and come back late in the second half, but I saw two goals by the home side. So, it is perhaps safe to assume that SK Prostějov U19 won. Not really a surprise, as it is quite common to see U19 sides from the top few division defeating men's teams.

The crowd was quite small, but as far as I could tell, it was unadvertised.

No comments: