Tuesday, October 4, 2011

October 3rd, 2011 - Prostějov III třída - SK Prostějov 4 Kladky 0

October 3rd, 2011
Prostějov - III třída (9th division)
SK Prostějov 4 Kladky 0
Admission: 10kc
Attendance: 60

Unfortunately, my camera broke on the day of the game, so I wasn't able to take any pictures of video. However, I can write a little bit about the game. A few times a year, I will head to Mostkovice to watch SK Prostějov, even though I am a supporter of Haná Prostějov. SK usually plays good football, and the bar at Mostkovice has Černá Hora on tap, which is a big draw for me.

Overall, I was disappointed with the game on Sunday. SK didn't seem to play up to their potential, and most of the game was quite sloppy. Neither team could get much going, but SK obviously did enough to get the three points. Perhaps it had something to do with the pitch? It was simply in awful condition. There were many places with brown, dry grass, but it must be said it hasn't rained here in a few weeks. I can't imagine it was nice to play on such a hard surface.

FK Prostějov (4th division) were playing on the other side of town, with a crowd of 520, compared to only around 60 for SK Prostějov. Too bad, but I guess most people want to see a higher level of play, rather than supporting a club (SK) with a longer history. Full credit to those who show up every week to watch SK play.

No comments: