Friday, May 6, 2011

ČAFC Židenice Brno - 2nd pitch





I was walking around Brno, and came across this pitch. From what I understand, this is the 2nd pitch of the club ČAFC Židenice Brno. I expect youth clubs, or the reserve team might play here.

The club was established in 1922. By 1926, the club was known as DSK Brno VV; 1934 ČAFC Židenice; 1948 MEZ Židenice; 1971 Zetor Židenice; and finally changing to their present name in 1993.

The main stadium of the club is on Gajdošova ulice which isn't too far from where I was, but at the time I didn't know that. The club currently plays in the Jihomoravský Přebor, which is the 5th level of football in the country. From 2005-2008, they played in Divize D, the 4th level, and have been trying to get back ever since. In the past two years they finished 3rd, and 4th, just missing out on promotion.

Going back to the stadium, it is quite basic, with only some metal railings around part of the pitch. There was no seating, and a simple clubhouse located near the main gate. The pitch had some rather large holes in it, and looked rather bumpy. I'll try to find out who plays here.

No comments: