Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Midlands Football Alliance 2006 - Biddulph Victoria vs Friar Lane & Epworth







Midlands Football Alliance 2006
Biddulph Victoria vs Friar Lane & Epworth

Unfortunately, I don't remember much about this game, as it was four years ago. As previously I wrote, I lived in Leicester for a few years, and I followed my local non-league club around Leicestershire, and then around the Midlands as Friar Lane & Epworth were promoted to the Midlands Football Alliance.

Biddulph Victoria plays in Biddulph which has a population of around 17,000. To get to Biddulph, I had to take a train from Leicester to Derby, change trains, and then a train to Stoke. From Stoke, I took a bus for about 30 minutes to Biddulph. I remember, it took me about 3 hours to get to Stoke and back on the day.

Biddulph Victoria were formed in 1969, Knypersley Victoria. Back in 1997/98 they made it all the way to 4th qualifying round of the FA Cup, which has to be considered the greatest success for the club. Unfortunately, over the past few years the club has struggled. A few weeks ago, the club tendered its resignation from the MFA, and as it stands now the club will fold at the end of the season. There is a chance that they could survive if they find a new ground to play at. We shall see what happens, and hopefully the club doesn't fold.

No comments: