Saturday, September 25, 2010

June 2nd, 2007 - Canadian Soccer League - Windsor Border Stars 0 Toronto Croatia 2






June 2nd, 2007
Canadian Soccer League
Windsor Border Stars 0 Toronto Croatia 2
Attendance: 300
Admission: $10

I am finding myself a little busier on the weekends, so apart from Hana Prostejov games, I am not able to get to as many games as before. I hope to go to a few new grounds every month, but in the meantime, I will upload some games from three and four years ago.

The first from my archive is the game from 3 years ago between the Windsor Border Stars and Toronto Croatia. At the time, I was spending a few months in Windsor, so I decided to go to a local CSL game. The Canadian Soccer League isn't the best name, as the league is essentially based in Southern Ontario, and one club from Quebec. The Border Stars were in the league from 2004 to 2008, but they found the travel difficult, and the fees of the league. It was uncommon for Windsor to show up on a Friday night in Toronto (four hour drive) with only one sub. As the league was/is semi-pro at best, many of the players had second jobs.

I don't remember much from the actual game, but I do remember that I was excited to go to a game in Windsor because the stadium kind of had a feel of a proper soccer stadium. One side had concrete seats, while the other was more typical of American football.

It is too bad that Windsor doesn't have a team in the CSL at the moment, but I heard the league has interest in putting another team in the city.




No comments: