Tuesday, September 25, 2018

September 2, 2018 - Women's football - 4th tier - Držovice 0 Brumov 3




September 2, 2018 
MSDŽ - Group B - 4th tier
Držovice 0 Brumov 3
Attendance - 70

Coming from Canada I grew up watching a high level of women's football, but I have not paid much attention to women's football since moving to the Czech Republic.  I do watch the women's national team when they are on TV, but that is about it.  Over the past 10 years I think it is fair to say that women's football has improved in the Czech Republic.  The national team is getting better results, and a few clubs have made deep runs into the Champions League.

A few weeks back, I decided to watch some local football in my area and made the short trip to Držovice which was once part of Prostějov.  The women's side formed a few years back, and had a break through season last year winning a couple of matches.  However, against Brumov they never looked like scoring.  The visitors had a few players who have played at a higher level and looked a little more athletic, and were a constant threat.  

Three weeks have passed since I watched Držovice play and unfortunately they are struggling so far this season.  They have 0 points after four matches, scored 2 goals and have given up 22.  Hopefully, they will pick up some points this Sunday when they host Mutěnice at 15:30.

No comments: