Wednesday, August 1, 2018

July 28, 2018 - Czech Cup - 1st round - Hranice 5 Ústí u Hranic 4 (AET)








Czech Cup - 1st round
July 28. 2018 
Hranice 5 Ústí u Hranic 4 (AET)

I was expecting a little more off the field, but on the field I was not disappointed.  Last weekend, I made the short trip to Hranice, a place I have been a number of times to watch football.  For me, the worst part of watching football in Hranice is the 45 minute walk from the train station to the football pitch.  I suppose it isn't that long, but in 32C heat it is not the best option.

Both clubs play in the 4th tier of football in the Czech Republic and are only separated by 2 or 3km.  As such, I was expecting a bigger crowd for this local derby, but only 280 people showed up.  It was their loss, as the match was fantastic.  Hranice scored on the last play of the match to tie it at 3-3 and to send it into extratime.  From there three more goals were scored and Hranice eventually came out on top.

I am not sure when the stadium was built, but I think it was during the 1950's.  In 1997 the stadium was badly damaged after the Bečva river flooded.  It underwent renovation last in 2012.







No comments: