Saturday, December 9, 2017

1999 - IF vs HB - Faroe Islands Premier League



In 1999 I spent two weeks on the Faroe Islands.  Getting to the Faroe Islands proved to be a little difficult.  I remember flying from Toronto to London, London to Aberdeen and Aberdeen to the Faroe Islands.  Unfortunately, my flight from Aberdeen was delayed for a day because of fog.  During my stay I had an opportunity to watch the Faroe Islands vs Scotland and the Faroe Islands vs Bosnia & Herzegovina.  Unfortunately, I do not remember exactly, but I think I also watched 3 league matches.

IF is based in the small town of Fuglafjorour which is located in the north of the Faroe Islands.  I do not remember much from the match, but I also stayed after to watch IF II vs HB II in the 4th tier.  Of course, like most football pitches in the Faroe Islands, the views are spectacular.

4th tier - IF II vs HB II


No comments: