Monday, July 11, 2016

June 18, 2016 - Extraliga baseball - Skokani Olomouc 5 Kotlářka Prague 12








June 18, 2016
Extraliga Baseball
Skokani Olomouc 5 Kotlářka Prague 12
Attendance - 15

I grew up near Ottawa, Canada and as such grew up watching the Montreal Expos and listening to many games on the radio.  Never did a I think that I would have ever watched a baseball game in the Czech Republic, but here I was.  Baseball in the Czech Republic is quite an underground sport, but it does seem to have a number of people who are quite passionate about it. The national team plays a decent level, and only lost 2-1 against Mexico back in March.

Despite living in the Czech Republic for almost 9 years, I had never been to a baseball game in Olomouc until last month.  The stadium is located about a 15 minute walk from the city centre, and is not a terrible facility.  Not many people were watching the game, but the level was certainly watchable.  I hope to get out to another game later this year.

No comments: