Sunday, April 13, 2014

April 6, 2014 - Haná Prostějov 2 Čechovice B 0





April 6, 2014
Okresní Přebor Prostějov
Haná Prostějov 2 Čechovice B 0

Early last week, Haná Prostějov announced that they were pulling their A team out of the Olomucký Kraj 1 A třída because lack of players.  This was a huge shock to me, as I was already looking forward to the trip to Hlubočky and the first game in 4.5 months because of the winter break.  I knew Haná did not have many players, but they always managed to get a competitive team together.  For me, it is a big shame they could not even get a few players together to give it a go.

So, instead of watching 6th tier football, I will now be watching 8th tier for the rest of the season.  It is only a difference of two divisions, but I think there is a decent gap between the quality of players. Haná will have only one team next year, and they will play in either the 7th or 8th division.

As for the above game, Haná won against their local rival, but it was still a bitter pill to swallow.  Despite my disappointment, at least their still is a team to follow.


No comments: