Sunday, January 26, 2014

2006 Friendly - Stamford vs Peterborough













Posts are kind of lacking over the past few months, so I have decided to put up some pictures of football from my 2 years living in Leicester, England (2005 and 2006).

Stamford is a town in Lincolnshire of around 21,000 people.  The club was formed in 1896, and they are known as the Daniels.  Currently, they are playing in the Northern Premier League (7th tier).  I think I took a direct train from Leicester to catch the friendly against Peterborough.  At the time, Stamford were preparing for their season in the 2006-2007 Southern Premier League (7th tier I believe).

The ground was quite close to the train station, if I remember correctly, and it has to be one of the best I visited during my time in England.

No comments: