Sunday, November 25, 2012

Nov 24, 2012 - BK Prostějov 106 Jindřichův Hradec 92







November 24, 2012
NBL - 1st division
BK Prostějov 106 Jindřichův Hradec 92
Admission - 50kc
Attendance - 200 away support of around 8

Basketball... basketball.... I had no other option over the weekend, so I had to go to my first BK Prostějov game in over 5 years.  I was not able to get out of town, so I had to settle for what was available.  Let me put it this way...

1. Football
2. Prostějov hockey
3. Plumlov hockey
4. Futsal
5. Handball
6. Basketball
7. Volleyball

BK Prostějov currently has severe financial problems, and the rumours are that they could be heading to Brno over the next few months.  How quickly things can change?  Only a few years ago BK made the final 16 of a European competition, and were drawing crowds of 1500+.  For the game against Jindřichův Hradec, who were promoted from the 2nd division last year, only 200 people showed up.  That is the face of basketball in Prostějov at the moment, a sport with no immediate future.


No comments: