Tuesday, April 19, 2011

April 3rd, 2011 - Čechovice 0 Bělotín 2




April 3rd, 2011
Olomoucký Kraj - 1 A třída, skupina B - 6th tier
Čechovice 0 Bělotín 2
Admission: 20kc
Attendance: 200 (away support of around 10)

A few weeks ago, I made my way to Čechovice, a small village on the outskirts of Prostějov. I usually end up going to one game a year in Čechovice, because it is so easy for me to get to, and the level of play is decent enough.

I was surprised with the size of the crowd, as the hosts aren't playing that well this year, but I suppose the weather had something to do with it. Lots of people were sitting on the benches around the beer stand. Nothing like football and Czech beer.

The pitch was very bumpy, as it had been a long winter, and the play was extremely physical. Both clubs were going at each other really hard, but it was the visitors who came out on top. Last year, they played in the Olomoucký Přebor, which is a 5th tier league, but were relegated.

No comments: