Friday, August 13, 2010

August 6th, 2010 - Ottawa Carleton Soccer Leagues - Old timers (35+) Division 2 - Perth United 2 Vitosha 4





August 6th, 2010
Ottawa Carleton Soccer League - Old timers (35+) Division 2
Perth United 2 Vitosha 4
Attendance: 15

First of all, I should clarify that this is Perth, Canada and not Perth, Scotland or Australia. I grew up in Perth, Canada and played my football here as a young boy. It is a town of 5,500 located about 80km south of Ottawa.

Perth has a lovely football complex, with two full size pitches with lights. The grass was in much better condition than I remember. The facilities were quite basic, with a few benches around the pitch, which is enough for the parents or friends who come and watch the games.

The Perth United Soccer club has teams ranging for age 5 to senior, boys and girls. As I was desperate for football, I decided to check out the Perth United old timers. The team plays in the second division, out of eight, so the football was actually pretty good. Vitosha was team filled with Bulgarians who now live in Canada, and I could tell some of them played a decent level when they were younger. The game itself had a few nice goals, and plays, so it was well worth the visit.

No comments: