Monday, September 16, 2019

September 4, 2019 - Okres Šumperk SF - Brníčko 0 Mohelnice 10









September 4, 2019 - Okres Šumperk Cup SF
Brníčko 0 Mohelnice 10
Attendance - 35

These district qualifiers are played throughout the Czech Republic, and are early round qualifiers for the 2020/21 Czech Cup.  A few weeks back, I went to Brníčko, a small village of 600 people located near Šumperk.

I took a direct train from Prostějov to Postřelmov which took about 1 hour, and from there I walked 6km over the hills to Brníčko.  On the way back, I was able to catch a bus back to Postřelmov which saved a little time.

I do not have much to say about this match.  Brníčko play in the 9th tier, while Mohelnice play in the 5th tier.  It was great to see a club like Brníčko play in the local cup, because many clubs do not even bother.  Unfortunately for them, they were over-matched.  Despite the poor condition of the pitch, the visitors dominated, which I guess is to be expected.  The match also kicked off at 16:00 on a Wednesday afternoon.  Not ideal, but not much can be done when most clubs do not have lights.







No comments: